FeedMate® is a Heavy Duty Parts Feeder for orientating and feeding cylindrical parts into Thread Rollers, Chamfering Machines, Cylindrical Grinders and similar machines. Each feeder is custom designed to fit your production requirements.
- Capable of feeding tubing blanks ½” to 1-1/2” diameter, 2” to 24” long
- Feeder box will be made from ½” plate
- The feeder will have lifting plates made of abrasion resistant plate approximately 400 BHN and guided by linear bushings on each side to maintain alignment.
- Power for the feeder plates will be from a 2 HP 220/440-3-60 motor through a heavy duty gearbox. A frequency drive with external adjustment will be used to allow the speed of the plates to be adjustable and also to provide a soft start for the plates.
- The conveyor will have a 3/4 HP motor mounted to a worm gear reducer.
- The conveyor chain will be a hardened steel silent type, 1” wide and will run at a fixed speed.
- Parts will transfer axially off the end of the conveyor to downstream equipment.
- The feed rate of parts will be in the 30 PPM range, this is largely dependent on the length of parts.
- Casters and locking pins
- Escapement mechanism on the end of the conveyor to transfer parts 90 degrees off the side of the conveyor to downstream equipment