The C3A Chamfermate Turning Head accurately machines parts to the correct pitch diameter for thread rolling. By creating the pitch diameter on the end of the bolt or stud it allows the manufacturer to roll the thread onto the part instead of cutting the thread. The advanced design of the Turning Head results in a better quality part, a more consistent threading process, and lower cost per part for the bolt and stud manufacturers.
The C3A ChamferMate®, using the Turning Head, eliminates the cut threader resulting in a safer, faster process. This system also eliminates the need to turn the part in a lathe prior to roll threading.
- standard carbide inserts that reduce tooling cost and increase tool life
- easily adjustable for different diameter parts
- supports parts from 3/8” to 1-1/2” in diameter
- supports standard turn back lengths to 2-1/4”
- easily switch between chamfering and turning head on the ChamferMate® machine
- lead angles of 90°, 45°, and 30° are available