A rebar shearing machine, or hydraulic bar shear, is a machine used for cutting solid round parts. Often used for cutting bolt blanks, hydraulic bar shears can be found in a wide variety of industries and applications. MSI carries two types of rebar shearing machines the MSI-100 and the MSI-70.
The MSI-100 hydraulic bar shear is designed for round bar up to 1-1/2" diameter. This fully automatic option is perfect for cutting bolt blanks or any other solid round part and can also be used as a rebar cutter! The MSI-100 has a number of features including crop cutting, sorting drops, and accurate part counting. Standard features of the MSI-100 include:
- Easy setup and operation
- 200,000 pounds cutting force
- cuts 1/2" to 1-1/2" diameters, up to 135,000-pound tensile cold or hot finished material
- finished part lengths up to 12 foot
- automatic bar feeds to 40 foot
- cuts up to 40 PPM on 24"-long parts
- cuts up to 25 PPM on 36"-long parts
- automatic end crop and sorting of drops
- cylindrical dies provide exceptional cut
- machine layout configured to your requirements
A semi-automatic bar shear, the MSI-70 utilizes hydraulic power and features a pinch roller feed for easy operation.
Standard features of the MSI-70 include:
- 140,000 Pounds cutting Force
- Cuts ½” to 1-1/2 diameter up to 80,000 lbs Tensile Materials
- Cuts 1/2” to 1-1/8” diameters up to 135,000 lbs Tensile Materials
- Part lengths from 3” to 12 foot available
- Speeds up to 20 PPM
- Pinch rollers for feeding bar into shear, operator must manually load bars.
- Heavy Duty adjustable out-feed system with bar support for longer parts.
- 20 HP hydraulic power unit
- Simple operator controls and changeover.
- Easily re-sharpened dies.