Pipe Beveling and Chamfering Machines
ChamferMate® high production chamfering machines and pipe beveling machines are designed for easy setup and operation. Heavy duty construction and quality components are utilized to provide our customers with years of dependable service. Models available for a wide range of diameters and applications such as chamfering, beveling, and deburring.
Benefits of our Pipe Beveling and Chamfering Machines
Benefits of our chamfering machines and pipe beveling machines include:
- No more hand-grinding or torching of weld bevels
- Automated pipe beveling machines are many times faster than portable units
- Cycle normally in the 5-20 second range
- Safer than handgrinding
- Accurately machines weld bevel and faces pipe square
- Sturdy construction and quality materials for years of dependable service
- Pipe beveling machines have low operating costs
Features of our chamfering machines and pipe beveling machines include:
- Machines available for ½" up to 8" pipe or tubing
- Adjustable cutter head quickly set with gauges
- Uses standard off-the-shelf carbide inserts. Tooling available for custom
angles and J-bevels
- Interchangeable grips for different size pipe or tubing
- Electronic variable-speed drive
- Heavy-duty spindle that rides on machine tool-type linear ball rails
- Totally enclosed cutting area
- Large chip drawer
The ChamferMate® Model C3A is a compact chamfering / beveling / deburring machine that features a rigid one-piece ductile iron vise, top plate and spindle housing, linear ball rails, a heavy-duty three-bearing spindle and...
The ChamferMate® Model C5A is a larger version of our C3A with the same features. It has a 5" inch OD capacity and is ideally used for chamfering, deburring or beveling pipe and tubing up to 3/8" wall thickness.
The ChamferMate® Model C5H is a heavy duty hydraulic powered beveling machine with up to 5 inch OD capacity.
The ChamferMate C8H is a heavy duty hydraulic powered beveling machine with up to 8-3/4" OD capacity.
If one of our standard machines does not meet your requirements, MSI can design and manufacture a custom machine for you. Custom tooling, vises, strokes, and frames can be supplied.
Why companies automate pipe beveling...
- Saves time – stationary pipe beveling machines are many times faster than other methods such as hand grinding, flame cutting, hand held bevelers, or loading into a lathe.
- No more dirty operations such as hand grinding or torching.
- Consistent, accurate pipe bevels each time, will face the end of the pipe square and bevel or deburr ID as needed.
- The cycle time is normally in the 5 to 20 second range depending on size
- Eliminates ergonomic issues from operator handling hand tools when beveling pipe
- Safer than hand grinding or torching, all chips are contained within the machine.
- Low operating cost, uses mostly industry standard carbide tooling
- Easily bevels stainless and materials not suitable for torching.
- Creates special forms such as J-bevels easily.
- Can be operated by a non skilled operator once it is setup.